New features and functions in Compute-A-Fan v9.6
New and Updated Products
Other new features
- New larger ACE/ACR/ACW/VCR direct drive sizes (now up to size 300)
- XWD-EC - New propeller wall fans with Electronically Commutated (EC) motors
- CPV-EC - New backward inclined utility sets with Electronically Commutated (EC) motors
- AC/VCR products now include 1 HP Electronically Commutated (EC) motors
- Gemini GC 222 and 242 are now Energy Star Certified
- TCNHBLE is now available with high wind / hurricane rating
- 1/6 HP EC motors are now available on ACED / ACRUD / ACWD / VCRD fans
Updated Autodesk® Revit® Models and Add-In
- VFD based selections are now available on most direct drive fans with 1725/1140/860 RPM motors
- Direct drive fan selections are now combined to show with and without speed control (VFD/FSC) together
- Unit weight (without packaging) is now shown on selection grid and submittals along with existing shipping weight
- NEMA Full Load Amps (FLA) is now shown on submittals
- This update includes new version 2015 models and add-in program. Version 2014 files are still present and you can choose your version at the time of exporting.
Revit models for each fan that has been saved to a Compute-A-Fan job file can be exported by selecting the "Print/Export" menu and clicking "Export Revit Schedule From Job". This feature will export each model of fan that is contained in the job to a .ZIP file in the location of your choice. A database of schedule information (CFM, SP, RPM, Volts, Amps, etc) is also included for use with the Revit add-in described below.
FanDrafter also includes a Revit add-in that simplifies the placement and customization of the Cook models in your projects. This add-in links to the schedule information that is exported from Compute-A-Fan and automatically populates an extensive list of up to 70 parameters such as airflow, static pressure, fan RPM, horsepower, voltage, phase, etc when models are placed. The add-in even includes a customization module that allows you to match Cook parameter names to your company's standard parameters ensuring uniform equipment schedules. Once installed, detailed instructions on the operation of the add-in can be accessed by clicking the "?" icon in the upper-right corner of the add-in screen in Revit.You may also download the instructions. The add-in is compatible with Autodesk Revit MEP 2010 or later.
To install the add-in, you may check the box titled "Include Revit Add-in Setup Files" when exporting the Revit models. This option will include the installation program in the .ZIP file along with .rfa files and the schedule database. Simply extract the files from the .ZIP and double-click the file "LorenCookRevitApp2015.exe" to install the add-in.
Note: Compute-A-Fan includes Revit Add-in.
Revit Fan Drafter Instructions
Autodesk® Revit MEP® 2015
Autodesk Revit families are available for every model and configuration of LOREN COOK product. Each 3D parametric family is a full-scale representation with information on ducts, electrical connections, mounting holes and more. A revit add-in is included to automate the insertion of families.
Browse our online library of individual Revit files
to get access to software
FanDrafter® 2D v3.0
FanDrafter 2D is a collection of CAD drawing files (templates) of every LOREN COOK COMPANY product, drawn to scale in every size. Each drawing includes multiple views drawn full scale for a particular size. FanDrafter is compatible with AutoCAD Release 2000® and later, and all other programs that can import AutoCAD R2000 DWG format files.
Download the FanDrafter 2D as part of the Compute-A-Fan package or as a stand-alone software
View the FanDrafter ReadMe file
This handy, two-in-one design tool furnishes fast, accurate, and practical information. Fan Law Calculator displays CFM, RPM, static pressure, and horse power. Input any one measurement and all four are calculated. Duct Designer selects the proper duct size when capacity, velocity, and friction loss are entered.
Compute-A-Fan includes a computerized Fan Law Calculator and Duct Designer
To request a hard-copy of Fan Law Calculator/Duct Designer, contact your local COOK representative.
COOK's Psychrometric Analysis software tool allows the user to electronically generate and print a custom, detailed, psychrometric chart. This program allows the user to enter state points and graph the process while calculating additional air properties.
Compute-A-Fan includes a basic Psychrometric calculator
Download Psychrometric Analysis Software to experience a more full-featured software
A printable psychrometric chart (in .pdf format) is also available for download.
It is available in pdf form
The Engineering Cookbook is a convenient pocket reference guide for mechanical designers. It provides access to frequently needed information, including:
- Fan Basics
- Motor and Drive Basics
- System Design Guidelines
- General Ventilation Design
- Duct Design
- Heating & Refrigeration
- Formulas & Conversion Factors
This free 100 page guide is available in printed form from your local COOK representative or download the pdf.
Android & iPhone Applications
Engineering Cookbook is available as a free app from the Google Play &
Android app of Engineering Cookbook has been updated. Version 1.1 now has the ability to save to an SD card, if available.